Intensive Interaction for people with Autism
Duration: One day 10.00am - 3.30pm
- The Fundamentals of Communication - Why is Intensive Interaction so important?
- How to do Intensive Interaction
- Videos showing children and adults with Autism making progress developing social and emotional connections, enjoying interactions, learning to communicate using vocalisations, facial expressions and gesture, becoming relaxed making eye contact (and much more!)
- Use of touch and issues of developmental pertinence
- Recognising outcomes and how to record keep
- How to get started
Who should attend:
This course is for anyone who is involved in the care, support or education of children or adults with Autism
- Support staff
- Parents and family
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Service managers
- Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists
- Learning Disability Nurses
A DVD and comprehensive handout are included
The course will be delivered by Amandine Mourière MA and Dr Julie Calveley (RNLD) who are Associates of the Intensive Interaction Institute
This course can also be delivered in service.
"Previously I felt that there was an invisible barrier, an emotional ‘gap’ between us. Intensive Interaction has begun to change that. Now we have started to build this foundation I feel so much more posi- tive about his future." (Parent of a 7-year-old with Autism)
"I feel Intensive Interaction has been a major contributing factor in my son's progress. His transformation in the last 6 months has been staggering." (Parent of a 3-year-old with Autism).